Sunday, March 30, 2014

Why This Blog

Good Morning All.  I hope you all have had a week of Blessings, and enjoy this morning we have been Blessed to Wake to.

The reason I started this Blog was because I have two books on the drawing board that I am compiling for you.  The first book is titled: "Herbs are Nature's Medicine: Your Handbook to Healing with the Elements" and is scheduled for release January 2015 (see the side Page: "My Books").  The second book is titled: "Living in Rhythm with the Universe: Healing Your Mental, Physical, Spiritual and Emotional Bodies"

In my research to self-publish my books, it was strongly suggested that I do a Blog to generate interest and a following of people who were interested in the subject matter.  Hence the Blog.  One of the people I went to also suggested a small eBook that would serve as a prelude to the first book, and so I am working on an INTRODUCTION to Herbs are Nature's Medicine.  Here's a (second) draft of its front and back covers.

Displaying INTRO cover FRONT n BACK.jpg


It's been over 30 years now since I began my studies of various healing arts. In my mind, body and spirit, I was always a healer. A protector. An educator.  As a martial artist, I was compelled by my Grand Master to learn some healing arts – as we were told that we could not learn how to hurt people in defending ourselves unless we learn reverence for life (which in hindsight, made it difficult to 'hurt' someone unnecessarily). So, not only did I begin to study herbology, but also reflexology; and I also studied Upayoga (Jain Meditation) under the Jain Monk, Gurudev Shree Chitrabhanu.

I did a lot of travelling, teaching what I was learning - which was my way of mastering all that I was taught.  It was during these travels that I began to feel the need to create, not only a more comprehensive system of learning about the healing benefits of herbs, but a clear guide to understanding illness and how we can stop the vicious cycle of disease.

I just completed the final editing of the cover yesterday!  My intention is to release this eBook by Mother's Day.

Each week I will bring you updates of its progress.  During this time, please feel free to make suggestions as to what you would find helpful to improving your life, health, emotional and weight management.  Next Sunday I will post updates on the Table of Contents so you can see what to expect.

Until then, Stay Blessed, Conscious, Giving and Loving.
Namaste
Zakiyyah "The Herbalist"






 


No comments:

Post a Comment