Saturday, May 17, 2014

The World's Healthiest Foods

Don't forget to subscribe (simply submit your email address 
above so you can have every Post delivered directly 
to your Inbox without ever missing one.

100 foods that can serve as the basis of your Healthiest Way of Eating. Links to the articles about these foods can be found below. In addition to questions about our foods, we often get asked about beverages and sweeteners. In the beverage category, water and green tea have been especially popular topics, and in the sweetener category, so have blackstrap molasses, honey and maple syrup.

Of course, there are many other nutritious foods other than those that we have included on our list that we feel are wonderful, health-promoting foods; if there are other whole foods - such as fruits, vegetables, nuts/seeds, whole grains, etc - that you like, by all means enjoy them. Just because a food is not on our list doesn't mean that we don't think that it can be included in a diet geared towards the Healthiest Way of Eating as long as it is a whole, natural, nutrient-rich food.

To find out why some of your favorite nutritious foods are not included in our list, read The Criteria Used to Select the World's Healthiest Foods.

Vegetables

Asparagus                    Garlic                                     Squash, summer
Avocados                    Green beans                            Squash, winter
Beets                           Green Peas                             Sweet potatoes 
Bell peppers                 Kale                                       Swiss chard
Broccoli                       Leeks                                     Tomatoes
Brussels sprouts           Mushrooms, crimini                 Turnip greens
Cabbage                      Mushrooms, shiitake
Carrots                        Mustard greens
Cauliflower                  Olive oil, extra virgin  
Celery                         Olives
Collard greens             Onions
Corn                            Potatoes
Cucumbers                  Romaine lettuce
Eggplant                      Sea vegetables
Fennel                         Spinach

Fruits

Apples                        Oranges
Apricots                      Papaya   
Bananas                      Pears
Blueberries                  Pineapple
Cantaloupe                 Plums
Cranberries                 Prunes
Figs                            Raspberries
Grapefruit                   Strawberries
Grapes                       Watermelon
Kiwifruit
Lemon/Limes

Seafood

Salmon
Sardines
Tuna

Nuts & Seeds

Almonds
Cashews
Flaxseeds
Peanuts
Pumpkin seeds
Sesame seeds
Sunflower seeds
Walnuts

Beans & Legumes

Black beans
Dried peas
Garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
Kidney beans
Lentils
Lima beans
Miso
Navy beans
Pinto beans
Soy sauce
Soybeans
Tempeh
Tofu

Poultry & Meats

Beef, grass-fed
Chicken, pasture-raised
Lamb, grass-fed
Turkey, pasture-raised

Eggs & Dairy

Cheese, grass-fed
Cow's milk, grass-fed
Eggs, pasture-raised
Yogurt, grass-fed

Grains

Barley
Brown rice
Buckwheat
Millet
Oats
Quinoa
Rye
Whole wheat

World's Healthiest Herbs & Spices

Basil
Black pepper
Cayenne pepper
Chili pepper, dried
Cilantro & Coriander seeds
Cinnamon, ground
Cloves
Cumin seeds
Dill
Ginger
Mustard seeds
Oregano
Parsley
Peppermint
Rosemary
Sage
Thyme
Turmeric

FAQs about the World's Healthiest Foods

Criteria for The World's Healthiest Foods

Among the thousands of different foods our world provides, the majority contain at least several of the nutrients our bodies need but to be included as one of the World's Healthiest Foods they had to meet the criteria listed below.
The criteria we used will also help you understand why some of your favorite (and also nutritious) foods may not be included on our list. For example, Readers have asked why pomegranate, a very nutritious food, is not included on our website. While pomegranates taste great and are rich in vitamins and flavonoid phytonutrients, they are still rather expensive which makes them not as widely available to many people.

1. The World's Healthiest Foods are the Most Nutrient Dense

The World's Healthiest Foods have been selected because they are among the richest sources of many of the essential nutrients needed for optimal health. We used a concept called nutrient density to determine which foods have the highest nutritional value.
Nutrient density is a measure of the amount of nutrients a food contains in comparison to the number of calories. A food is more nutrient dense when the level of nutrients is high in relationship to the number of calories the food contains. By eating the World's Healthiest Foods, you'll get all the essential nutrients that you need for excellent health, including vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, essential fatty acids, fiber and more for the least number of calories. Read more about Our Food and Recipe Rating System.

2. The World's Healthiest Foods are Whole Foods

The World's Healthiest Foods are also whole foods complete with all their rich natural endowment of nutrients. They have not been highly processed nor do they contain synthetic, artificial or irradiated ingredients. And whenever possible, The Healthier Way of Eating recommends purchasing "Organically Grown" foods, since they not only promote your health, but also the health of our planet.

3. The World's Healthiest Foods are Familiar Foods

The World's Healthiest Foods are common "everyday" foods. These include the fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds, lean meats, fish, olive oil, herbs and spices that are familiar to most people.

4. The World's Healthiest Foods are Readily Available

Although there are many foods that are exceptionally nutritious, many of them are not readily available in different areas of the country. The World's Healthiest Foods are foods that the majority people can easily find at their local market.

5. The World's Healthiest Foods are Affordable

We have selected foods that are not only familiar and available, but also affordable, especially if you purchase them locally and in season. This is also the time when they are the freshest and of the best quality.

6. The World's Healthiest Foods Taste Good


The World's Healthiest Foods are also some of the world's best tasting foods. We have created recipes using the World's Healthiest Foods that do not overpower, but enhance, the unique flavor of each food. Each recipe provides a flavor adventure so you can discover new ways to experience and enjoy the great natural tastes of these foods.

SOURCE: http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

If you enjoyed this Post . . . don't forget to share it with your friends and family.

www.herbsarenaturesmedicine.blogspot.com

16 comments:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never believed that their could be any complete cure for Herpes 2, Mrs JANE introduce me to DR.ehiaguna a herbal doctor, who brought him back to life again. so i had to try it too and you can,t believe that in just two weeks i started using the herbal medicine he sent to me i was perfectly ok and . Right now i can tell you that few months now i have not had any symptoms of Herpes and i have just went for text last week and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of any Herpes in my body system. Glory be to God for leading me to this genuine DR.ehiaguna I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no cure for HSV that is Not true ,just contact him and get cure from DR.ehiaguna via his Email drehiaguna@gmail.com and you will be free and free forever, Try it and you will not regret it because it truly works. One thing i have come to realize is that you never know how true it is until you try...email him drehiaguna@gmail.com.. OR WhatsApp +2348073908953 THIS IS THE TYPE OF HERBAL MEDICATION HE HAVE
      1 Cancer 2 Hiv 3 Low sperm count 4 Barrenness 5 Hvp 6 Herpes 7 Genital Wart 8 Rare disease 9 Hepatitis 10 Syphilis 11 Diabetes
      God bless you sir for your good work that you done.....

      Delete
    2. Good day to you all am very happy to write this testimony to the whole world to see the great work of the great man named DR.ehiaguna I was down over since 1year but thank god am here to give this testimony for you all to see the great powers that is hiding on this earth I was once an HSV 2, but thanks to him that help me I was going through internet looking for cure when I see this man name ehiaguna I quickly email him If I can get help to grateful surprise to me he really do according to the post I see on internet this man ask me to provide some necessary things which he should be able to use for my cure, I did what he say and after everything, this man told me that after two weeks I will be cured, after that ending of the weeks i should go for test I did and I was very happy when I see my result but i don’t know how he did it but thank God for bring this man to me am very happy to see myself am HSV negative you can order now and get your cure on email: drehiaguna@gmail.com just call him for quick answer on his number +2348073908953, also contact him on this
      1. HIV / AIDS 2. COPD 3. CANCER 4. ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) 5. Hepatitis B
      6. HPV

      Delete
    3. God has done it by using Doctor Akhidenor to get me cure from Pemphigus Disease, after a long time looking for a cure, I met this Doctor and asked help from him, he was able to prepare me a herbal soap to bath and a herbal liquid medicine to drink, I used this medicines for totally one full month, now I am fully cured totally and all my body is cleaned up and I have done my test, my medical doctor told me that I am cured totally and my result comes out negative, I am very happy for what Doctor Akhidenor has done for me, he save my life and everything, I will advise you to contact this herbal doctor on his email akhidenorherbalhome@yahoo.com, his whatsapp number is +2348021312463, contact this Doctor now and ask for help.

      Delete
  2. DO YOU NEED A PERSONAL/BUSINESS/INVESTMENT LOAN? CONTACT US TODAY VIA WhatsApp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    HELLO
    Loan Offer Alert For Everyone! Are you financially down and you need an urgent credit/financial assistance? Or are you in need of a loan to start-up/increase your business or buy your dream house. GET YOUR INSTANT LOAN APPROVAL 100% GUARANTEED TODAY NO MATTER YOUR CREDIT SCORE. WhatsApp:+19292227023 Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never believed that their could be any complete cure for Herpes 2, Mrs JANE introduce me to DR.ehiaguna a herbal doctor, who brought him back to life again. so i had to try it too and you can,t believe that in just two weeks i started using the herbal medicine he sent to me i was perfectly ok and . Right now i can tell you that few months now i have not had any symptoms of Herpes and i have just went for text last week and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of any Herpes in my body system. Glory be to God for leading me to this genuine DR.ehiaguna I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no cure for HSV that is Not true ,just contact him and get cure from DR.ehiaguna via his Email drehiaguna@gmail.com and you will be free and free forever, Try it and you will not regret it because it truly works. One thing i have come to realize is that you never know how true it is until you try...email him drehiaguna@gmail.com.. OR WhatsApp +2348073908953 THIS IS THE TYPE OF HERBAL MEDICATION HE HAVE
    1 Cancer 2 Hiv 3 Low sperm count 4 Barrenness 5 Hvp 6 Herpes 7 Genital Wart 8 Rare disease 9 Hepatitis 10 Syphilis 11 Diabetes
    God bless you sir for your good work that you done.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day to you all am very happy to write this testimony to the whole world to see the great work of the great man named DR.ehiaguna I was down over since 1year but thank god am here to give this testimony for you all to see the great powers that is hiding on this earth I was once an HSV 2, but thanks to him that help me I was going through internet looking for cure when I see this man name ehiaguna I quickly email him If I can get help to grateful surprise to me he really do according to the post I see on internet this man ask me to provide some necessary things which he should be able to use for my cure, I did what he say and after everything, this man told me that after two weeks I will be cured, after that ending of the weeks i should go for test I did and I was very happy when I see my result but i don’t know how he did it but thank God for bring this man to me am very happy to see myself am HSV negative you can order now and get your cure on email: drehiaguna@gmail.com just call him for quick answer on his number +2348073908953, also contact him on this
    1. HIV / AIDS 2. COPD 3. CANCER 4. ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) 5. Hepatitis B
    6. HPV

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (Hsv) for the past 2 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr Ehimare helped someone in curing his (Hsv) herpes disease, quickly I copied his email which is drehimare3@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on Drehimare3@gmail.com Or whatsapp him via +1 (267) 691-1087

    ReplyDelete
  6. months ago I felt some pains and I went to the hospital my doc told me I had Herpes about 1 year ago and I need to start the treatment early, he gave me some medicine to be taking and I told him no I’ll not, because I hated taking medicine when I won’t not see cure for the purpose. After I got home I started getting worried searching for strong advice and I found valid natural treatment online a lot of people says they got herpes cure from DR ODUDU and I contacted DR ODUDU that same day I purchase his cure online, after three weeks of taking the herbal treatment i got cured totally. i tested negative all thank to DR ODUDU you can reach out to him through his email: [dr.oduduherbalhome@gmail.com ] or message him on WhatsApp +2348101571054 stay safe and bless you

    ReplyDelete
  7. STOP WASTING YOUR TIME ON FAKE PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE AN AGENT I WAS SCAMED 4TIMES NOT UNTIL I RECIEVE A MESSAGE ON MY WHATSAPP TO CONTACT MR HARRIS WHICH I DID NOW I AM A FULL MEMBER OF THE GREAT ILLUMINATI BROTHERHOOD BE WHAT YOU WHICH FOR IN LIFE BY JOINING THE GREAT ILLUMINATI BROTHERHOOD TODAY Further encouraging the rumours is the widespread use of supposed "Illuminati" imagery in music videos. Many Freemason and Illuminati symbols, like devil horns and the all-seeing eye, have simply become popular in mainstream culture. But it's also true that some musicians seem to enjoy deliberately playing with symbols connected to secret societies.if you are interested contact on email illuminatiriches50085@gmail.com or whatsapp number +14092993890 GOOD LUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. basically I just want to loose weight
    they say that my fate is to be a fat person because I have hair on my back whish is not that much bt much so I want to fight this

    ReplyDelete
  9. God has done it by using Doctor Akhidenor to get me cure from Pemphigus Disease, after a long time looking for a cure, I met this Doctor and asked help from him, he was able to prepare me a herbal soap to bath and a herbal liquid medicine to drink, I used this medicines for totally one full month, now I am fully cured totally and all my body is cleaned up and I have done my test, my medical doctor told me that I am cured totally and my result comes out negative, I am very happy for what Doctor Akhidenor has done for me, he save my life and everything, I will advise you to contact this herbal doctor on his email akhidenorherbalhome@yahoo.com, his whatsapp number is +2348021312463, contact this Doctor now and ask for help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Powerful Herbal treatment is 100% guarantee for HSV cure, the reason why most people are finding it difficult to cure HSV 1 or 2 is because they believe on medical report, drugs and medical treatments which is not helpful to cure HSV and hasnít proved any sign of helping. Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily eradicate herpes forever. I never believed it until I was helped and cured of my 16 months genital herpes with natural herbal medicines from Dr Aza. Where other medical prescribed drugs and treatments failed, Dr Aza natural herbs helped saved me from Genital herpes permanently and i am so grateful for this. You can also get help from this great and powerful African Herbalist Dr Aza or you can also contact Dr Aza through his email :drazaherbalcenter@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via: +1(315)7951518 , you can also visit his website on: www.drazaherbalcenter.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been treating herpes virus for several years with different medications until I saw a post on how a young lady got cured from herpes, Out of desperation I decided to contact him with little or no hope of a solution after taken his herbal medications reluctantly to my biggest surprise I tested negative, God bless drubarlohome@gmail.com or +2348119508814 for his wonderful work

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happiness is all i see now big thanks to Dr. Ubarlo from West Africa (NIGERIA), I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from a deadly disease herpes Virus for the past 2 years now; I had spent a lot of money going from one place to another, hospitals have been my home every day. Constant checks have been my hobby not until this blessed day, I was searching through the Internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr. Ubarlo. from West Africa (NIGERIA) helped someone in curing his herpes Virus . quickly I copied his Whatsapp Contact: +2348119508814 just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did,he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal medication, I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just contact him by Email: at drubarlohome@gmail.com whatsapp him on +2348119508814 HIS HAVE THE CURE TO THIS FOLLOWING DEADLY DISEASE [1] Ischemic heart disease [2] Cerebrovascular disease [3] Lower respiratory infections [4] Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [5] Diarrhea diseases [6] Trachea, bronchus, lung cancers [7] Tuberculosis [8] Diabetes mellifluous [9] Hypertension heart disease [10] HIV/AIDS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you drubarlo for the help you give me and my kids for making us feel from this deadly virus am so happy doctor forever grateful to you and the long Jesus Christ who sent you to me and also who give you the power to cure people. so who want too get in touch with him email drubarlohome@gmail.com or Whatsapp +2348119508814

    ReplyDelete